Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Be a Follower and Boost the Bands

Lots of activity this week in the life of the Musical Family, and much of it involving my daughter, Louisa.  Louisa is in deep in rehearsals for Seussical Jr., which will be performed April 23 and 24 at 7:30 p.m. at the Northfield Middle School.  She's leaving tomorrow morning for a four-day tour to Omaha with the Northfield Youth Choirs Concert Choir (Because of that tour, she has to miss the eighth grade band's trip to Hastings for a day-long band clinic.  Hope the French horn section can hold up without her).

She also is trying to schedule rehearsals for her very short play, which will be performed Friday, April 23, as part of the Northfield Arts Guild's Very Short Play Festival.  Louisa can't be in or attend her short play because of Seussical, but as the playwright she's responsible for casting and directing it.

Louisa, holding a cornet that belonged to G. Oliver Riggs, her great-great grandfather.

Oh, and on Sunday evening she auditioned for the upcoming NAG production of The Phantom Tollbooth, and she also wants to audition for the NAG's August production of Romeo and Juliet.

And she's turning 14 at the end of the month, and is planning a big murder mystery party.

I'm now exhausted, just writing all this.  And that's why I'm not going to spend much time on a blog entry today.  No long, involved story in which I weave the threads of my hectic life into the fabric of my ancestral history.  Just a friendly plea and reader challenge.

I know some of you out there are reading me on a regular basis, and I appreciate it!  Now I'd like to boost the number of my official blog followers, either through Google or through Networked Blogs on Facebook.  It doesn't mean you have to read every post.  There will be no quiz.  You can be anonymous.  But it is helpful for me to get a sense of my audience.

So here's the challenge:

If I can get a total of 25 followers (up from the current seven) by the end of the month, I will donate $25 to the Vintage Band Festival, and then draw the name of one lucky blog follower (spouses are not eligible; sorry, Steve!).  That person will win the nifty souvenir VBF pin, which gets its bearer into concerts during the music festival, set for Aug. 5-8 in Northfield.

(Most of the 50 VBF concerts are technically free, but the purchase of pins is strongly encouraged.)

And if the response is so overwhelming that I get up to 40 followers, well, then I'll donate $40 to the Northfield Save the Depot Committee.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: